Warm Chickpea Dish
Warm Chickpea Salad
The only bit of effort required for this recipe is that you have to soak the chickpeas from the night before. This dish is usually a bit watery but you can always drain some of the water and have it as a warm salad. This lovely warm chickpea dish is great if you are feeling a bit under the weather. Lemon juice is well known for it’s benefits, it helps with nausea, sickness and sinus problems.
Chickpeas offer a range of health benefits- helping to boost digestion, helping to keep blood sugar levels stable and even increasing protection against diseases and the flus. Chickpeas are also full of vitamins and proteins.
- 500gr chickpeas
- 2 big onions, chopped
- 5-6 tbsps. olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- cumin (optional)
- Soak the chickpeas from the night before for at least 15 -12 hours and change the water at least once.
- Add the chickpeas in a saucepan and add water to cover them completely.
- Add some salt and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once done add the onions in the saucepan, with salt & pepper and a spinkle of cumin.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, stir well and ready!