- 250gr chickpeas
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- Cover a bowl with a clean towel and soak chickpeas overnight.
- Wash chickpeas under cold running water. Blend chickpeas until very fine.
- Add onions, garlic and parsley in the blender.
- In a large bowl add the mixture, salt, cumin and baking soda.
- Mix well. If mixture is too runny add 2- 3 tbsps of flour.
- Once mixture has the right consistency form into round balls and flatten them so they cook evenly.
- Put some flour on a plate add deep each falafel before frying.
- Make sure the oil is hot, dust off any excess flour and fry on both sides for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- 250gr Greek style yogurt
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp tahini paste
- Salt and paprika
- Enjoy your Falafel!