People say Greek Salads taste better in Greece and the truth is that greek weather makes the tomatoes so delicious and bursting with flavour. An advice to anybody leaving in a cold country that finds it hard to find well flavoured tomatoes, is to use cherry tomatoes instead. In some countries grape or cherry tomatoes seem to be sweeter, so give that a try.
A refreshing salad, perfect for a summer evening meal, for a quick lunch or to serve as a side with your meal. Greek salad is also perfect with fish dishes and with a glass of wine.
- 3 – 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 200gr feta cheese
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 1 big onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives or black olives
- Sprinkle of oregano
- Salt& Pepper
- 4-5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Cut the tomatoes into eighths, chop the cucumber and slice the onions.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and pepper if using into a large serving bowl and add the feta cheese and olives.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil over the ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and oregano to taste.
- Toss the Greek salad well and serve immediately with some crusty bread or a toasted pizza.