- Sunflower oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 200gr chickpeas
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt &pepper
- In a large saucepan add some sunflower oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, chilli powder, garlic, cinnamon and tomato puree.
- Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the turnip and butternut squash.
- Pour the stock and lemon juice and bring to simmer.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season and sprinkle over some herbs.
- Enjoy your vegetable tagine!