Love or hate liver this recipe is a must try! Lovely juicy liver bites that’s very simple to make. If you find the bitter taste of the liver a bit too much for your liking a well known tip for when cooking liver is to soak the liver pieces in milk for 30 minutes or even an hour before cooking.
This dish can be served as an appetizer or a main meal. Lastly, make sure to add the salt towards the end so the meat isn’t tough.
- 500gr liver, sliced in pieces
- 2 large onions
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- salt & pepper
- oregano (optional)
- Chop the onions and cut the liver in small bites.
- In a large frying pan add one tablespoon on olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until they have a golden brown colour.
- Turn the heat up and add the liver bites.
- Cook until brown, then turn and cook the other side until browned.
- While the liver is cooking add the wine, don’t cover so the alcohol evaporates quickly.
- Add a bit of water, cover with a lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Just before you turn off the heat add salt and pepper and oregano if using.
- Enjoy these liver bites with some feta cheese.