This Courgette Pie is ideal as a summer meal served with a Greek salad. A yummy vegetarian meal that has a delicious herbal taste and moist texture.
- 500gr grated courgettes
- 250gr feta cheese, flaked or grated
- 2 eggs
- 250gr self-rising flour
- a bit of milk
- sprinkle of spearmint
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 25gr margarine or butter
- salt& pepper
- Pre- heat a fan oven at 160C or conventional oven at 180C.
- In a large bowl grate the courgettes first.
- Flake the feta cheese on top.
- Break two eggs into the mixture, add the sunflower oil and season.
- Add the spearmint, bear in mind that spearmint has a distinctive taste so add as much as you fancy.
- Mix well and add the self- rising flour into the mixture.
- In order for the mixture to come together you add the milk to combine everything.
- The mixture will look moist so don’t worry.
- Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture in evenly.
- Chop the butter into pieces and dot it over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160c Fan oven for about an hour or until golden brown.
- To make sure the pie is cooked through pierce it with a knife. If the knife comes out clean its cooked.
- Make sure to let it cool before serving.
- Enjoy with a side salad for a light meal!