Greek Mince Pie
Greek Mince Pie
A delicious Greek Mince Pie that can be made using beef or turkey minced meat. Enjoy for lunch or dinner with salad and a glass of wine.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1/2 kg minced beef meat
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 2 chopped leeks (only white part)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps milk
- 2 eggs
- 250gr cheese of your choice
- salt &pepper
- a bit of paprika
- Chop onions and leeks finely.
- In a big pan heat half of the olive oil and saute the onions and the chopped leeks.
- Once the onions have a nice brown colour add the mince.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika and cook for a few minutes.
- Let the mince sit on the side for about 10 minutes, so it cools down.
- In a large bowl mix the mince, eggs and cheese all together.
- It’s important to use cheese that easily melts so all the ingedients are combined well.
- Mix everything well and the mixture for the pie is ready.
- Now, grease a large baking tray with the left over olive oil.
- Add one sheet of puff pastry at the bottom and then add the mince stuffing evenly.
- Add the other sheet of puff pastry to cover the stuffing and with wet hands try to combine the two sheets together all around the pie.
- We need to make sure the stuffing doesn’t come out.
- Next, with a knife lightly cut the top of the pastry in portions to allow it to cook properly. Be careful not to move the bottom pastry too much.
- For a nice crisp crust, brush milk and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook in a preheated oven for about 60 minutes at 180C. Keep an eye and one the crust is crisp brown your pie is ready!
Showing 2 comments
I have been interested in trying to use puffed pastry. Looks great!
You should Kim it’s so easy!