This lovely cake recipe is perfect after a big feast when you would like to eat dessert but not something too heavy. Refreshing and very light you can bake the mixture in muffin trays and have little individual muffins. If you don’t have a Muffin tray don’t worry just use a cake baking tray and serve the cake in small slices.
- 3 eggs
- 150gr sugar
- 300gr butter or margarine
- 400gr yogurt
- 500gr all purpose flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- zest from 3 lemons
- 300gr sugar
- 250ml water
- 100ml lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- It’s best to start with the syrup so there is time to let it cool.
- In medium heat add sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon stick and rosewater in a saucepan.
- Once the syrup boils remove from heat and let it cool while making the lemony muffins.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar and the butter until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and then add the flour slowly while mixing.
- Once the mixture is ready you can either add the mixture in on baking tray or in little individual muffin trays.
- Add in a pre-heated oven and bake in 180C for about 45- 60 minutes.
- Once the cake or muffins are ready remove from the oven and pour over the syrup.
- Let the cake cool for a while drizzle with some icing sugar and serve.