Do you have a sheet of puff pastry in the freezer and don’t know what to do with it?
Well this recipe of the famous French Palmiers is what you need to try. All you need is one sheet of puff pastry and about 50 gr of sugar. To give the Palmiers your own personal touch you can add anything else you like, I love pistachios so I added some crushed pistachios on my Palmiers. If you want you can add some cinnamon, chocolate spread or jam.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 50 gr of sugar
- Pistachios (optional)
- A bit of water.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a clean surface sprinkle some sugar and cover with the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle more sugar over the puff pastry and add the pistachios or anything else you want.
- With the use of a rolling pin roll twice but not very hard, enough so the sugar and pistachios get pushed in the pastry.
- Fold in the two sides of the pastry so they meet in the middle.
- Cut the pastry crosswise into thick pieces to form the biscuits.
- Add the palmiers on a baking tray and brush over them with some water.
- Sprinkle with some more sugar and bake until golden brown.
- Remember to turn the palmiers after 5-6 minutes so they bake evenly.