- 350gr minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. tomato puree
- 1 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- In a large pot add olive oil and fry onion and garlic in medium heat.
- Then add the mince and fry until cooked through and broken up.
- Add the tomato puree, stir together with the onions and mince. Continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add all the spices, sugar and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stir it in and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- If you like at this point you can use a hand blender to break the mix down a bit.
- Add vinegar and more if you like.
- Before you simmer the Bolognese sauce you can add courgettes, mushrooms or any other vegetable.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Bolognese Sauce with freshly cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.