- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups ground walnuts
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Lemon zest and some salt
- In a bowl mix the olive oil with the sugar.
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl except the flour.
- Mix well.
- In the end add flour and mix well again.
- Oil and flour a baking tray.
- Put the mix in the baking tray and bake at 150 C for about 1 hour.
- Good luck and enjoy your Walnut Cake!