These crunchy, yummy tacos are perfect to make if your are expecting friends around. They’re easy to make and you can make it fun by adding different pick and mix ingredients for your friends to choose from.
- 12 tacos
- 500gr minced beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100gr cheddar cheese,grated
- ¼ lettuce, shredded
- 50ml water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 spring onion,chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh coriander
- ½ juice of a lime
- Heat the oil and fry the mince until browned.
- Drain off any excess liquid or fat.
- Add the seasoning and cook for another few minutes.
- Add 50 ml of water and bring to boil, simmer the mince for about 20 minutes or until the meat is dry.
- While the mince is simmering, chop the tomatoes and finely chop the spring onion.
- Then chop the coriander leaves and mix everything with the lime juice, season to taste.
- Place the taco shells in a pre-heated oven to 180c for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve your yummy tacos with the salsa, lettuce and cheese!