Vegetable Noodles in teriyaki sauce
Vegetable Noodles in Teriyaki Sauce
Are you looking for a light but tasty meal? This Vegetable Noodles in Teriyaki Sauce recipe is healthy, delicious and very easy to make. You can also use all the ingredients to make your own Teriyaki Sauce for future use.
Tip:If you are not using pre-boiled noodles, add the water and cover until the water is reduced. Add your own touch to this dish by adding your favorite veggies or even meat if you like.
Ingredients For 4 people:
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1 cup of mixed peppers
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 800gr noodles( or any noodles of your preference)
- 1/3 spring onion
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 100ml soy sauce
- 30ml sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 30ml sake
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 3 garlic gloves
- 700ml water (use if you are not using pre-boiled noodles)
- sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- Chop all the vegetables in smaller pieces.
- Heat up the oil in a large pan first and add the vegetables, the chopped onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and stir occasionally until soft.
- Add the sake and stir for a few seconds followed by soy sauce, Worcestershire and sesame oil.
- Next add brown sugar and honey and stir thoroughly until mixed well.
- Add the chilli flakes and allow to reduce.
- Add the pre-boiled noodles and stir well so all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve warm on a pasta plate and garnish with some sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Good luck and enjoy your Noodles!