These greek meatballs are the perfect appetizer, or you can serve with fries and make it a proper meal. Some little tips when frying the meatballs is to make sure the oil is hot hot and that the meatballs have been in the fridge for a while, that way the mixture won’t brake up when you are frying it. Another important thing to keep in mind is to squeeze all the water our of the bread.
- 300g beef minced meat
- 200g pork minced meat
- 2 large onions chopped
- 7-9 spearmint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of stale bread
- salt and pepper
- Soak stale bread in water.
- Chop onions and add them to the beef and pork minced meat.
- Add the bread after you have squeezed the water out of it.
- Add chopped spearmint, olive oil, eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- While mixing add a little water.
- Put mixture in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take out the mix from the fridge and form little meatballs.
- Meanwhile heat sunflower oil in the pan, dip in flower each meatball and dust off any excess of flour.
- Fry the meatballs in the hot oil.
- Enjoy your Greek Meatballs!