In greek tavernas this bread is served grilled, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and a bit of oregano and it just tastes heavenly!! This Greek Bread recipe is really so easy that nothing can go wrong. If you like you can add some sesame seeds and lastly remember not to slice the bread as soon as it’s out of the oven, let it cool down first.
- 1kg all purpose flour
- 2 sachets of dry yeast (8gr each)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 glasses of water
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- In a big bowl put the flour, yeast, sugar and knead.
- Add water slowly and knead.
- Add olive oil, salt and knead until it becomes dough.
- Put the dough in a large bowl and cover with a dishcloth.
- Let the dough rest in a warm room until it doubles in size, for about 40-50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C so the oven is nice and warm when you add your dough in.
- Grease a baking tray, flour the pan or use baking paper to line the bottom of the tray and the sides.
- Score the dough with a sharp knife to allow it to expand during baking.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.