Beef and Guinness Pie
Beef & Guinness Pie
- 1-2 tbsp. of oil
- 500gr beef chunks
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- Beef stock cube
- 500ml of Guinness beer
- 30g of plain flour
- 2 sheets of ready to roll puff pastry
- Butter to grease the baking dish
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the meat.
- Remove meat and set aside on a plate.
- Then fry the onion and carrots.
- Add the meat back into the pot along with the garlic.
- Add the stock cube, flour, Guinness, and season.
- Stir until sauce becomes smouth.
- Simmer mildly for about 1 1/2 hours until the liquid has reduced.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and lay one sheet of puff pastry in.
- Fill with the beef and Guinness mix, and top with the second layer of puff pastry.
- Pinch the two sheets of puff pastry together so they are sealed and then brush all over with egg.
- Place the pie into the oven to bake for 25-30 mins in a preheated oven on 200C.
- Enjoy your Beef and Guinness Pie!