This Homemade Jam recipe can be made with your favourite fruit or berries. We used some delicious strawberries and blueberries that were on a special offer in our local market. It’s super easy and can be done in about 20 minutes.
Use a sterilized jar (don’t forget to sterilize the lids as well) to keep your Jam. We used mini jars with personal labels to surprise our friends!
- 1kg strawberries
- 200gr blueberries
- 700gr white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Rinse your strawberries and remove the tops, wash the blueberries as well.
- If you like a smooth jam then add the fruit and berries in a blender and blend just for a minute.
- This seems to make the process a bit quicker too.
- If not just add the fruit and berries in a saucepan and mush it up with a potato masher.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add in the blended fruit and berries.
- After 5 minutes add the sugar and stir well.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Bring it to the boil and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove any foam from the top.
- Let you jam cool and store your jam in the fridge.
- Spread some on fresh bread with a bit of butter and enjoy!