Our friend Adria loves making this Lithuanian soup, she gave us this recipe so we gave it a try. It’s so yummy and just lovely when the weather is so cold outside.If you like you can add 1 cup heavy cream instead of milk and cheese. We used light parmesan cheese but you can use any other salty hard cheese.
We hope you like it as much as we do.
- 4 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 3 onions, chopped
- 6-7 carrots, cubed
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 1/2 glass of milk
- 200gr Parmesan or any cheese of your liking
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the potatoes, cube all the vegetables and chop the onions.
- Add all the vegetables and garlic in a large pot and cover with water.
- Let it boil and then add the vegetable stock and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add the milk and simmer for another ten minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients to a food processor and process to a satiny consistency.
- Return ingredients to the pot and add the cheese and cook about 5 more minutes over low heat.
- Season to taste.
- Keep some cheese to decorate your plates.