Chorizo and tomato pasta bake
Chorizo and Tomato Pasta Bake
This delicious, comforting chorizo and tomato pasta bake is great for those nights sitting in watching movies. You can serve it with some garlic bread and a nice chilled glass of wine.
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 carton passata
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 onion
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 glass red Wine
- 1 small packet of wholewheat pasta (Shape of your choice)
- 1/2 jar red pesto
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 1 packet grated mozzarella
1. Chop half a white onion and mash one glove of garlic.
2. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Add one glass of red wine and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Add one can of chopped tomatoes and on carton of passata.
5. Sprinkle one chicken stock cube and simmer gently for 7 – 10 minutes.
1. Boil the packet of Pasta.
2. While pasta is boiling fry 1 chorizo sausage sliced into pieces.
3. Strain Pasta and add mozzarella and chorizo, stir until mozzarella has melted.
4. Add 1/2 a jar of red pesto and stir again.
5. Lastly add the tomato sauce cooked earlier and stir.
6. Empty contents of the pot into a casserole dish or deep baking tray.
7. Add a layer of tomato sauce to the top, then add a layer of breadcrumbs and lastly add a layer of mozzarella.
8. Bake at 200 for 20 – 25 minutes.